- Title: Training Facilitator
- Reports to: Training Manager
- Compensation: 5,400 - 6,600 BBD Monthly Gross
- Contract: Full Time Employee
- Location: Bridgetown, Barbados (Hybrid Work Environment)
- Company: Startwise
- Industry: Future of Work, Job Training
Startwise is partnering with the Government of Barbados to deliver a radically transformative job training program that gives 1000s of Bajan youth access to global employment. We need Training Facilitators to guide the training experience, nurture participant progress, and cultivate human potential. You'll lead a team of 20-30 program participants to help them adapt their mindsets and develop skills that set them up for success with global employment. If you’re interested in setting a new standard for global citizen employees with Bajan roots, let’s talk.
- Facilitating training experiences: Guide participants through training exercises and reflection sessions. Create opportunities for practicing skills. Facilitate self-evaluation and peer-evaluation. Work with mentors to source and address obstacles to participant success. Coach participants.
- Modeling global citizenship: Study global career paths. Share insights on global career skills. Craft opportunities to practice real-world skills. Build mentorship relationships with globally employed role models. Demonstrate top performance in global career skills.
- Surfacing and addressing obstacles to participant progress: Identify blockers and bottlenecks to participant progress. Listen for emerging problems and participant pain points. Gather feedback on program effectiveness. Develop contingency plans to address potential problems. Document and communicate program updates and changes.
- Implementing and improving training programs: Uphold the program schedule. Support rollout and testing of program updates. Escallate program gaps and obstacles. Assist participants in utilizing program content and tools. Track mentor contributions and impact.
- Spotting and cultivating human potential: Evaluate yourself and your training Pod Leads. Develop individualized upskilling plans to support your own growth. Provide feedback and support to your participants. Help participants build mentorship relationships. Identify and recognize participant achievements.
Our Ideal Candidate: If ANY of the following resembles your story, let’s talk!
- The Actor Director: You have an untamable zest for life and feel at home commanding the attention of a room. You bring groups alive with energy while keeping them focused on making the most of the moment. You’re known for making a night out 10X as fun and meaningful for friends and strangers all around you.
- The Aspiring Sifu: You’re constantly honing your skills and holding the people close to you to a high standard. You’re known for moving like water with a zen-like calm, while also knowing how to snap to attention with focused discipline. You know when to move with grace and when to call on your intensity to the benefit of your team.
- The Organized Professional: You’re a focused professional that sometimes gets confused for a buttoned-up nerd. The only thing more organized than your calendar is your mindset throughout the workday. You find creativity and inspiration in a tightly run meeting. You’re frequently finding new methods and systems to automate and organize your work so you can keep leveling up yourself and your team.
Startwise is on a mission to make work wonderful. We start by helping companies ramp and upskill their employees on the job. Then we partner with governments to build transformative skills training and job placement programs that help young people launch fulfilling and prosperous careers. By aligning companies, governments, and people, we create a platform where everyone can find their way to wonderful work. As for what makes us work, we’re obsessed with the science of learning and leadership, and we’re committed to our values of joy, access, meaning, and success.
You should consider applying if you’re drawn to the challenge of being on the founding team of Training Facilitators co-creating a zero to one training program that endeavors to radically transform the lives of 1000s of young people in Barbados and beyond. If you strive and thrive in this role, you’ll be one of our first team leaders, meaningfully impacting the lives and careers of humans around the globe. This is a novel project at a seed-stage startup, so you can expect a mix of chaos, fun, perspiration, and possibility each and every work day. This role also requires at least one month per quarter of full time presence on site with program participants during their first month of training.