- Title: Training Manager
- Reports to: Program Director
- Compensation: 8,000 - 10,000 BBD Monthly Gross
- Contract: Full Time Employee
- Location: Bridgetown, Barbados (Hybrid Work Environment)
- Company: Startwise
- Industry: Future of Work, Job Training
Startwise is partnering with the Government of Barbados to deliver a radically transformative job training program that gives 1000s of Bajan youth access to global employment. We need Training Managers to drive training outcomes and cultivate human potential. You'll lead a team of 3-5 trainers who each lead teams of 20-30 program participants. If you’re interested in setting a new standard for global citizen employees with Bajan roots, let’s talk.
- Tracking and driving trainer success: Evaluate trainer performance. Develop trainer ramp and upskilling plans. Track and troubleshoot trainer KPIs. Conduct trainer workshops and pairing sessions.
- Tracking and reporting participant group progress: Review data on participant performance and progress. Analyze participant data to identify trends and opportunities. Create reports on participant progress to share with stakeholders. Collect participant feedback and make recommendations for improvements.
- Sourcing and solving emerging program problems: Identify blockers and bottlenecks to participant progress. Listen for emerging problems and trainer pain points. Gather feedback on program effectiveness. Develop contingency plans to address potential problems. Document and communicate program updates and changes.
- Implementing and refining program designs: Review and reflect on program designs. Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop training content. Pilot and test program updates. Turn program update insights into design recommendations. Create demonstration videos to support program implementation.
- Spotting and cultivating human potential: Evaluate yourself and your direct reports. Develop individualized upskilling plans to support your own growth. Provide feedback and support to your direct reports. Create opportunities for teammate's to develop themselves. Identify and recognize participant achievements.
Our Ideal Candidate: If ANY of the following resembles your story, let’s talk!
- People Shaper: You’re intent on developing people you manage and take pride in watching them get better at their jobs than you ever were. You tend to have a new, more ambitious role every year or two, as you’ve helped trusted replacements earn their way into your last position.
- Team Captain: You bring together ragtag players and help them team up to make the most of everyone’s unique skill sets. In school, you were the natural choice for team captain or band leader for sports, music, or extracurriculars.
- Competitive Athlete: You obsess over ambitious outcomes tirelessly, connecting every dot and delivering all the feedback needed for a team to reach it. You can keep team morale high during the hard weeks without creating any false impressions that everything is on track.
Startwise is on a mission to make work wonderful. We start by helping companies ramp and upskill their employees on the job. Then we partner with governments to build transformative skills training and job placement programs that help young people launch fulfilling and prosperous careers. By aligning companies, governments, and people, we create a platform where everyone can find their way to wonderful work. As for what makes us work, we’re obsessed with the science of learning and leadership, and we’re committed to our values of joy, access, meaning, and success.
You should consider applying if you’re drawn to the challenge of building a zero to one training program that endeavors to radically transform the lives of 1000s of young people in Barbados and beyond. If you strive and thrive in this role, you’ll be one of our first team leaders, meaningfully impacting the lives and careers of humans around the globe. This is a novel project at a seed-stage startup, so you can expect a mix of chaos, fun, perspiration, and possibility each and every work day.